Friday, March 30, 2012

Portrait of the female model




Carol Berry, Portrait of the female model. graphite on paper, 24 x 18 inches. ©2012.

I am happy to say that I've been enjoying the company of my DVAC fellow Tuesday nighters for 3 weeks in a row, I might just be getting back into a regular habit of making art. 

Sometimes I think that drawing different strangers, week after week, is a waste of energy, that I should be spending my time more productively by painting in my studio. But to get back to painting more regularly, I have to get back into a habit of making art more regularly, and so I draw strangers, with the added incentive of being with my friends.

Last Friday I went to see the DVAC Friday night speaker, the talented photographer, Craig Boyko. Photography and painting are so similar and yet so different, I love doing both and I left the talk feeling very inspired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment